Coconut for Pooja

Coconut for Pooja
Pooja Coconut

The festival season officially will begin tomorrow for us. Last year in moving hungama, I totally missed the pooja, but this year I have planned to celebrate all festivals.

For Varalakshmi vratham:

Shopping - done
House cleaning - done
Pooja mandir decoration - done

Can’t wait for tomorrow.

Varalakshmi Vratha Shubhakankshalu!
వరలక్ష్మి పూజ శుభాకాంక్షలు!

Posted by Indira©Copyrighted in Zen (Personal), Amma & Authentic Andhra, Indian Ingredients, Coconut (Fresh) (Thursday August 23, 2007 at 10:10 pm- permalink)

12 comments for Coconut for Pooja »

1. Hey this time I am the first one to post the comment. Anyway Happy Varamahalakshmi festival Indira. Enjoy maadi!

Comment by Arathi — August 23, 2007 @ 10:40 pm

2. Wishes to you Indira :-)

This is not celebrated on my father’s or mother’s side. I am not sure about my in-laws’ side. Haven’t asked :-)

Comment by Raaga — August 23, 2007 @ 10:47 pm

3. Varamahalakshmi habbada shubhashayagalu Indira!

Comment by Lakshmi — August 23, 2007 @ 11:06 pm

4. Hello Indira garu,

“వరలక్ష్మి పూజ శుభాకాంక్షలు”

I prepared Sweet Pongal, learned from u r website. Thanks alot….

I am also from Kurnool Dt, Adoni, we are staying in Doha,

Best Regards,
    Vijaya

Vijaya, nice to see a fellow Kurnool district vaasi here. Vijay has few freinds at Adoni.
    Festival greetings to you and I have added your Telugu greeting in my post. Hope that’s ok.
    - Indira

Comment by vijaya — August 23, 2007 @ 11:19 pm

5. Wishes to you Indira.

Comment by Happy Cook — August 24, 2007 @ 1:35 am

6. Vara lakshmi vratam subakankalu indira. Me too waiting for today. Hope u have a nice puja.

Comment by ramya — August 24, 2007 @ 4:38 am

7. hi, first time here. habbada subhashrayagalu.
    BTW, we always use coconut smeared with turmeric for pooja.

Comment by lathanarasimhan — August 24, 2007 @ 4:45 am

8. Hope you are having a nice time today,greetings for the festival.

Comment by Archana — August 24, 2007 @ 9:13 am

9. Vara mahalakshmi festival wishes to you Indira. Great to know you are celebrating all festivals this time. I had celebrated a couple of them last year, but I am not sure of anything this year. But I love to read about them :) .

Comment by shilpa — August 24, 2007 @ 9:38 am

10. I miss being at home for this one :( ( It is a very special puja at our place and my mom is so used to having me around helping out with all the odd stuff and I miss being there to help her. I am waiting for my dad to send me the pics and now waiting on yours too :)

Comment by Priya — August 24, 2007 @ 11:42 am

11. Thanks for the lovely greetings everyone. Have a great weekend!

Comment by Indira — August 24, 2007 @ 3:19 pm

12. Thanks alot for u r reply for comment. I am also proud and i always tell to my collegues that this great site is from our distric.

I am regular viewer of u r site.

Thanks & Best Regards
    Vijaya

Comment by Vijaya — August 24, 2007 @ 11:25 pm

(required)

(required but not published)