Punjabi Tinda, Parval and Tindora

Punajbi Tinda, Parval and Tindora
Punjabi Tinda, Parval and Tindora (from Lt to Rt)
Fresh Vegetables of India ~ for This Week’s Indian Kitchen

Posted by Indira©Copyrighted in Indian Vegetables, Dondakaya(Tindora), Indian Ingredients, Indian Kitchen (Sunday October 28, 2007 at 1:35 pm- permalink)

11 comments for Punjabi Tinda, Parval and Tindora »

1. Healthy Green Veg. Tindoora is my hubby’s favourite - hes ok if i cook it all 7 days a week too.:-)

Comment by Seema — October 28, 2007 @ 2:56 pm

2. Lucky you to find fresh tinda and parval! i get tindora here, but never seen fresh tinde!

Comment by musical — October 28, 2007 @ 3:25 pm

3. I love tindora( kovakkai)… haven’t cooked much with the other two.

Comment by TBC — October 28, 2007 @ 6:16 pm

4. Nice pic Indu.. I am a huge fan of tinda but not parval..:)

Comment by Siri — October 28, 2007 @ 7:29 pm

5. good to see green veg,Indira.

Comment by vee. — October 28, 2007 @ 8:20 pm

6. Hi Indira,

Today I took my daughter shopping to several Indian groceries — a small ethnic enclave of Asian and Latin stores I don’t often get to visit. We had so much fun looking at the lovely produce — so many brinjals and gourds, greens, etc. I prefer fresh always, but frozen tinda seem to cook up nicely so I do buy those. Your photo is very appealing, as always! :)

Comment by Linda — October 28, 2007 @ 10:40 pm

7. All these days, I assumed that Parval and Tindora are one and the same. Punjabi tinda - I’m seeing for the first-time here.
    This post is englightening!
    Thank you!

Comment by Kumudha — October 29, 2007 @ 7:48 am

8. Kovakai is my fav. Also potels or parvals when stirred fried. Never heard of Punjabi tinda.

Comment by Rina — October 29, 2007 @ 9:24 am

9. Hi Indira, amazing pic. Tendli and padval are so much a part of konkani and maharashtrian cuisine. I’m pretty new to the Food Blog world. Very nice work on FBD.

Comment by Eskay — October 29, 2007 @ 10:32 am

10. Fresh parval and punjabi tinda are rare at local Indian grocery shops and I got lucky last weekend.

Linda: What a fun thing to do on weekend!
    I wish I was there with you as I love browsing at grocery shops. Here we have lot of Vietnamese, Korean and Thai grocery shops. I often go there to look and read the labels. Great way to learn about new ingredients etc.

Eskay: Thanks. Congratulations on your new blog.

Comment by Indira — October 29, 2007 @ 1:42 pm

11. Well, we saw this cucumber-like small vegetable, thinking it was mini-cucmber, we pickled it. And it ist bad at all. Try it

Comment by Kathleen — January 31, 2008 @ 8:21 pm

(required)

(required but not published)