Moong Sprouts Kosambari with Pomegranate

Moong sprouts, pomegranate kernels
Fresh Moong Sprouts and Pomegranate Kernels

I wanted something light for my mid-day meal today. I had some moong sprouts and a pomegranate. Shelled some pomegranate kernels, added some moong sprouts, added yogurt and sprinkled little bit of salt and pepper. Mixed all these lightly and had a spoonful. “Wow” was the reaction.

Pomegranate kernels’ sweet juice combined with moong sprouts’ raw earthy flavor, together with yogurt – it was refreshing and filling. I loved the sprouts-pomegranate combination.

Recipe:
(for two, for one light meal/snack)

Fresh moong sprouts - 1 cup
Pomegranate kernels - 1 cup
Fresh yogurt - 1 cup
Salt and black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon or to taste

Take yogurt in a bowl. Add salt and black pepper. Mix with a spoon. Add moong sprouts and pomegranate kernels. Combine gently. Serve.

Moong Sprouts with Pomegranate~for Jihva Sprouts

Kosambari (India) ≈ Salad (English)

Posted by Indira©Copyrighted in Jihva For Ingredients, Pomegranate, Sprouts (Molakalu), Moong Sprouts (Monday January 5, 2009 at 3:48 pm- permalink)

16 comments for Moong Sprouts Kosambari with Pomegranate »

1. Indira,
    The green and red contrast is beautful.

so good to see you back! Happy new year to you and Vijay. Your home looks lovely. Congratulations!
    We surely missed you.

Comment by Mythili — January 5, 2009 @ 5:44 pm

2. Wow,
    That is gorgeous.. what an interesting idea

Comment by smitha — January 5, 2009 @ 9:44 pm

3. Indira,
    this looks so good ..a healthy combination ..
    wish you and your family a very happy New year ..
    hugs and smiles

Comment by jaya — January 6, 2009 @ 10:51 am

4. Wonderful combination Indira, I tried posting comments on your previous posts but did`nt go thru.

Wish you a happy New Year. We miss you in Seattle. Congrats and best wishes on your New Home.

Comment by Cilantro — January 6, 2009 @ 11:23 am

5. This should make a healthy, crunchy salad.

Comment by anushruti — January 6, 2009 @ 12:29 pm

6. Have some moong which will sprout in a day and some promogranete too… this is the first thing i would try once moong sprouts. Happy New Year.

Comment by Le — January 6, 2009 @ 2:30 pm

7. Thanks Mythili. Happy New Year to you and N. We miss you too.

Thanks Jaya. Wishing you the same.

Hi Cilantro: Happy New Year!
    I retrieved your previous comments on other posts from spam karma.

Le: Happy New Year! Let me know how you like it when you try.

Comment by Indira — January 6, 2009 @ 4:23 pm

8. Dear Indira, A pleasure to have you back and thanks for participating . I will add this soon! Congratulations again on the new house! so we have one more house to visit when we visit family in houston :D

Dear Dee, the pleasure is all mine. I just had to participate in Sprouts. Thanks for including this late entry in your roundup.
    You are always welcome to our home. Let me know when you are in Houston.
    -Indira

Comment by dee — January 9, 2009 @ 1:46 pm

9. Tried this today. Yum… Simle , fast and healthy… Looked like a creamy Desert, infact…

Comment by Le — January 9, 2009 @ 6:01 pm

10. Hi Indira, great to see you back. As always the recipe looks picture perfect and delicious. Cheers!

Comment by pritya — February 3, 2009 @ 6:54 am

11. Hi Indira, I love your blog, you have great recipes and fantastic photographs. Thank you for your blogging, wish you all the best.

Comment by Miska — May 26, 2010 @ 7:02 am

12. Awesome combination!! That was a great idea to mix them up together.

Comment by Maya — April 20, 2011 @ 6:43 pm

13. hi

Comment by freerobuxgenerator.net — December 26, 2017 @ 3:26 am

14. It was a real finding for me! The dessert is not usual, but very tasty. Like it so much!

Comment by how to prepare for a job interview — March 9, 2018 @ 2:04 pm

15. I am working on a project on that I will have to describe construction of temple and problem is that I have little information about could you please guide me where can I get complete knowledge.

Comment by AOneEssays — November 23, 2018 @ 6:04 am

16. Moong Sprouts are one of healthiest food and recommended in diet also. Thanks for sharing dish of moong sprouts kosambari with pomegranate

Comment by http://www.qualitydissertation.co.uk — November 26, 2018 @ 12:39 am

(required)

(required but not published)

RSS feed for comments on this post.